Thursday, December 9

Standing Firm

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labour in the Lord is not in vain. ~ 1 Corinthians 15:58

Today is one of those days when I am thankful for promises like this one.  Fundraising is tough....  Getting to Africa with 4 of us in tow is expensive, and every time I get a few steps closer to the goal, something happens to make us go backwards a bit..travel shots, specific needs for one of our boys there, a fundraiser idea that goes kaput...  (Like the one I have been crafting for the past few weeks, that didn't end up happening, and I now have Jesus and Me tree ornaments a plenty!) 
But going backwards isn't always a bad thing.  Twice this month we have had offers to take our boys something with a visitor...Rather than send them Christmas gifts, we have taken the opportunity to reach out to the whole orphanage with love and send money for every boy to have fruit.  A few of you have even committed to helping us give some "sweet" love this Christmas, and we are forever grateful!

Fruit... a banana, an orange... they seem so simple and ordinary to us here in the States... BUT when you live in Ethiopia, in a Gov't run orphanage, and your very existence is essentially a version of bread and water each day ... fruit is a luxury, it is something special.  It means a rare treat, packed with vitamins.  It's what growing boys need...  so, I am thankful for the opportunity to go backwards in our fundraising... or  maybe, just maybe, that's what HE intended be done with HIS money all along....

No comments: