Wednesday, May 25

What is the Kolfe Pillow Project?

It's an effort to show
an orphanage full of boys
in Ethiopia
(almost 300 of them)
 that Jesus ♥s them.
They currently are blessed enough (really!)
to sleep on bedding like this.
The boy who sleeps here, is lucky...
he HAS a pillowcase!
We can do better!
We can show them love in a tangible way.
Please don't misunderstand me.
Hands down, they would rather
have a mom and dad.
A bed located in the home
of a loving family.
Maybe God is nudging YOU...
But, let's suppose you are new
to this concept of true orphans.
I can still remember the day
my eyes were opened
 for the first time.
The day I KNEW I had to do SOMETHING...
Loving on these boys is a good place
 to start to walk in obedience
to what He truly has called us all to.
Each night as they lay their head down
on their new pillow, and (for many)
on their first ever pillowcase...
these boys will remember that someone CARED.
To be an orphan boy in Ethiopia,
means you are one of the masses...
 and will likely stay that way.
 The adoption of older children is rare,
and the result of that fact is...
pain and loneliness.
 This breaks my heart, and I pray that in a small,
 small way we can ease their hurt,
 if even for one moment each day
 as their head hits that pillow.
I have seen what a difference
 just a little love
displayed to these boys can make.
Their smiles absolutely capture my heart!
These are God's children,
and together, I KNOW
we can make a difference!
photo courtesy of C.Gingerich
Could HE be calling
you to get involved?
~ 300 sewn pillowcases
~ 300 notes/drawings of encouragement
~ tax deductible donations to purchase pillows
(and blankets??) in Ethiopia
The result?
Endless smiles and joy filling the Kolfe campus.
Please consider playing a part in of the
joy we hope to bring to these boys.
We hope to complete this project
by the beginning of July,
is God calling you to help?

No comments: