Monday, March 19

What will you do??

I will be gone March 21- April 4th. Traveling parts of 2 days on each side.  One of our (the boys and I) first days will be spent with Trent and Carmen, who work with street kids, a couple of Kolfe boys, and parent 10 girls in their home. She is hoping to teach my boys to cook a few things while we are there.

And the first Sunday we will be church, International Evangelical Church, and taking Linda, (missionaries with SIMS at Bingham Academy) out to lunch afterwards.

Beyond that, we will be visiting Kolfe, and our sponsor babies at the Shannon's Day Care (Embracing Hope Ethiopia). My plan is to take the Shannon's out to dinner, and possibly, if they let us... babysitting their kids some night so that they can have a date.

I am looking into the possibility of getting our Project 61 sponsor girl home from boarding school, to spend some time with us the 2nd week. Just praying about that, because she is not doing well in school, so I am not sure if this is wise or not, but keeping the news that I am in town, from her, is proving to be impossible.

We will be at Kolfe more the 2nd weekend, when the Kenya missionary family (TJ and Lindsay) arrives to join us. And the whole trip, we will be spending time with Jennifer, a fb friend who is on a 3 month stay (vision trip) at the Day Care, and also staying at the same guest house. She spends her evenings alone right now, so I am looking forward to folding her into our family. )

There are lots of little things on my to-do list, involving individual boys.  And in general, just loving on our two... who are planning to take most of the time off from school and work, so I will have company.  Loving that, they are always a delight to spend time with, and it is great practice for Ayal's English.

That's about as detailed as I get for this trip, until I can get there and figure things out better. I am hoping some donations come in so that I can travel with money enough to run a small project either at Kolfe or elsewhere... it may end up being for flip flops for all the younger boys, or something completely different. I am praying that God will make that really clear when we are there.

No comments: