Sunday, June 13

Beginning to plan...

Kyle and I had a VBS meeting at Grace on Thursday.
While I was sitting there listening to an overview of the week,
I was thinking...
some of this could be a good for Joy and I
 to teach the boys while we are there.
I mentioned our trip* to the CM director after-wards,
and she took us into her office to give us some goodies...
Here are a couple of the things that we walked away with...
28 wordless puzzles from Child Evangelism Fellowship
 showing symbols for
Heaven (yellow circle)
sin (dark heart)
Christ's blood (cross)
Cleansing of sin (white heart)
These are really neat... I'm approaching 40 years old,
and I was mesmerized as she was showing me this...
I can't wait to show it to the Kolfe KIDS!
It would be awesome if God will open up some doors
at the other orphanages as well.
Please be praying about that!!
 She also gave us
10 of the How to Have a Very Special Friend! booklets
which she said could be used to make a wordless book
 that shows the same things as the puzzles.
Planning to make a couple of these this week!
Thank you Jo for loving our boys!
 - - -
* Please also pray about the timing of our trip.
Joy (not to be confused with Jo) is pregnant,
so there is a cut off date in mind
where traveling will be too uncomfortable for her,
and her precious cargo.

We are praying that Joy will be able to
travel as an Adoption Escort,
and bring back an adopted child to the U.S.
Traveling this way, will mean that the basics of her trip
will be paid for, and some of the basics of my trip too!
(Things like the guest house, and driver, and some of the meals.)
The down side is that we will have just a matter
of days to pull together our trip, and head out.
Seriously!  It is getting shorter all the time! 
I am now preparing for travel, possibly,
within a week of Joy getting assigned a child!
 - -  - 
God is in control of our travel plans,
but if we could go this summer...
 we would love to be there around the time of my oldest son's
(Emnatu) college graduation on July 31st,
and Joy's son, Ephrem's birthday on July 21st.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And Tamara's(Emnatu and Mezgebu's
mother) birthday in the 21st.