Emnatu
Such a sweet, sweet kid.
I had a rare opportunity to Skype with him for
many hours on Monday while Kyle & Kristelle were
at their homeschool enrichment program.
There was much to talk about...
~ one of his roommates has to move next week,
and I was trying to get info. for his mom.
~ Emnatu will move next (before the end of the year)
and there was info to gather about that also.
~ and then... there was time to just talk, one on one.
(Something, I didn't make enough
of a priority while I was there.)
I've typed and erased, typed again, erased again...
I just can't come up with adequate words to explain
the feelings I have from what I saw during this Skype.
Emnatu has always been strong, he has always had
words of affection towards us, but never tears.
I tried to tape the conversation where
I shared with the boys that I had tickets purchased.
John laughed at the video, because it really wasn't exciting.
There wasn't a great "yahoo!" moment for either boy,
and honestly, it was deflating to my own excitement.
That was then, this is now...
17+ years without a family,
followed by one solid week with your new mom,
and everything changes...
On Monday, Emnatu's tears flowed, hour after agonizing hour.
It's similar to the feelings that I have been struggling with
being back on US soil. It is tough to be with our
boys for so much time, and then no longer
be able to look directly into their eyes
and tell them you love them,
or not be able to hug them.
The difference is...
I have John.
I have Kyle.
I have Kristelle.
They have...
loneliness and tears,
they have shattered dreams
of living with a family of their own,
and the fear of an uncertain future in Ethiopia.
My heart grieves for the boys of Kolfe... all of them.
Kyle and Kristelle know they are loved.
They know Mom and Dad will be there
to help them when life is hard,
or rejoice with them when it is not.
We are there to hug them, high-five them,
and wipe away their tears...
but the kids at Kolfe don't have that chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment